Apprentice to Jr. Stylist
Report directly to: Reports directly to the Education Team, and as needed, share information with Holly Vaught.
Job Summary: The K Charles & Co./ Salon Syzygy SA team is dedicated to the support of Apprentices and Junior Stylists. It is our intention to provide the best possible preparation for you to be successful in your chosen field. As you can expect our support, we also have expectations of you. In order to ensure that the Apprentices/Junior stylists progress through the program smoothly, it is important that each individual do his/her best to meet the expectations and follow the guidelines of the program.
Compensation: Hourly Position at…
- Hourly Pay: $8
- With a satisfactory 30-45 day evaluation, you may receive an increase to $9.00 per hour.
- Once promoted to a Junior Associate, you will be guaranteed 40% commission or an hourly rate of $8, whichever is greater.
- This is a full time position working 37-40 hours per week.
- Vacation Time: Vacation and Sick/Emergency days as set forth in the employee handbook
- Health Insurance, 401 K and other company benefits as outlined in benefits package.
- Position may require travel to various salons.
- You are expected to maintain the highest standards of personal cleanliness and present a neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Be on time. If you are going to run late due to a client, please let someone know.
- Come prepared – bring tools necessary for class, paper/pen for notes, questions.
- Listen actively and participate in class discussion.
- Apprentice must have successfully completed 15 minute base color application and blow-dry sign off.
- When not actively with a guest, follow and assist a Master Stylist. If necessary, continue to help in the back assisting with laundry, color bar maintenance, and shampoo assistance.
- If the business of the salon allows and other duties are completed, observe Master Stylists.
- Practice Consultation, Retailing, and Pre-booking skills when interacting with models and during role play.
- Participate in monthly sign-off classes
- Perform special projects as assigned.